Currently looking for Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to fill openings in correctional facilities in the Columbia, SC metro area. Your choice of day or night shifts! PRN up to full time hours with the possibility of overtime. Interested candidates must have a current South Carolina Nursing License and the willingness to put professional and clinical nursing skills to use with a unique and diverse patient population.
As a correctional facility nurse (RN or LPN), you will work as part of a dedicated team along with corrections staff, where communication, cooperation, and safety are vital. Beyond your team at the facility, you will be a part of the MedFirst team. We work hard to develop beneficial, professional relationships with our nurses to help you thrive in your career. Apply today!
Benefits for MedFirst Nurses:
- W-2 employment
- Insurance options (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Scheduling options to fit your lifestyle
- Background checks and drug screening paid by the Company
- Joint Commission Certified
- Ongoing credentials monitoring
- Weekly pay with free direct deposit
- Responsive 24-hour personnel service
Requirements of the Correctional Facility Nurse (RN and LPN):
- Current SC nursing license in good standing
- Current CPR Certification
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Clean background check, including SLED
- Clean drug screen
- Must reside in close proximity to the greater Columbia, SC metro area
- General knowledge of professional nursing techniques and procedures
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and emotional stability
Responsibilities of the Correctional Facility Nurse (RN and LPN):
- Assist physician provide and monitor direct patient care.
- Triage when necessary.
- Screening of those with health complaints.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Initiate emergency interventions and take first aid measures.
- Perform other nursing duties as assigned.