Sign-on Bonus Available for Full Time!
MedFirst is actively seeking high-caliber Nurses (RN and LPN) for a variety of positions in a correctional facility in Ridgeland, SC. Monthly schedules are set well in advance at this facility. Correctional facility healthcare is a great opportunity to put your clinical and professional skills to use in a unique environment with a diverse patient population. Excellent opportunity for new nursing grads!
Correctional Facility Nurse Job Opportunities:
- Registered Nurse (RN)– 10:00am-8:00pm, Monday through Thursday, with occasional weekend or night shifts as needed.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)– 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend or night shifts as needed.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend or night shifts as needed.
As a correctional facility Nurse, you will work as part of a dedicated team along with corrections staff, where communication, cooperation, and safety are vital. Beyond your team at the facility, you will be a part of the MedFirst team. We work hard to develop beneficial, professional relationships with our nurses to help you thrive in your career.
Correctional Facility Nurse Duties:
- Assist physician with sick call
- Provide and monitor direct patient care
- Triage when necessary
- Conduct screening of those with health complaints
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications
- Initiate emergency interventions and take first aid measures
- Other nursing duties as assigned
Correctional Facility Nurse Job Requirements:
- Degree in nursing from an accredited university
- Current SC nursing license in good standing
- Current CPR
- Current PPD or chest x-ray
- Clean background check, including SLED
- Clean drug screen
- General knowledge of professional nursing techniques and procedures
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and emotional stability
Benefits for MedFirst’s RNs and LPNs:
- Competitive pay and available sign-on bonus!
- W-2 employment
- Insurance options available
- 401(k) option available
- Background checks and drug screening paid by the Company
- Joint Commission Certified
- Ongoing credentials monitoring
- Weekly pay with free direct deposit
- Responsive 24-hour personnel service
MedFirst is uniquely positioned to provide the best nursing opportunities to the best nurses. We are a Joint Commission Certified Healthcare Staffing Agency, committed to the quality and competency our employees and customers expect and deserve. Join the MedFirst team today!