MedFirst is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for full-time, day shift positions in a correctional facility in Kershaw, SC. Easy commute from the Camden area. Full time hours: 8:00am – 6:00pm, rotating weekends. Competitive pay! Nurse candidates must have a current South Carolina Nursing License and the willingness to put professional and clinical nursing skills to use with a unique and diverse patient population.
As a correctional facility nurse, you will work as part of a dedicated team along with corrections staff, where communication, cooperation, and safety are vital. Beyond your team at the facility, you will be a part of the MedFirst team. We work hard to develop beneficial, professional relationships with our nurses to help you thrive in your career.
Benefits for MedFirst’s Nurses:
- W-2 employment
- Insurance options
- Scheduling options to fit your lifestyle
- Background checks and drug screening paid by the Company
- Joint Commission Certified
- Ongoing credentials monitoring
- Weekly pay with free direct deposit
- Responsive 24-hour personnel service
Responsibilities of the Corrections Nurse (RN and LPN):
- Assist physician provide and monitor direct patient care.
- Triage when necessary.
- Screening of those with health complaints.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Initiate emergency interventions and take first aid measures.
- Perform other nursing duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Corrections Nurse (RN and LPN):
- Current SC nursing license in good standing
- Current CPR Certification
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Clean background check, including SLED
- Clean drug screen, paid for by MedFirst
- General knowledge of professional nursing techniques and procedures
- Must live in in close proximity to the Kershaw, SC area
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and emotional stability