Spartanburg County, SC
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR FULL TIME!
MedFirst is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for positions in a correctional facility in Spartanburg County, SC. Easy commute from Greenville, Spartanburg, Clinton, or Laurens. (This is not a travel contract position.) Hours are PRN up to full time with the possibility of overtime if available. Day shift, 8-hour or 12-hour shifts. RN and LPN candidates must have a current South Carolina Nursing License and the willingness to put professional and clinical nursing skills to use with a unique and diverse patient population. Great opportunity for new nursing grads!
As a correctional facility nurse, you will work as part of a dedicated team along with corrections staff, where communication and cooperation are vital. Beyond your team at the facility, you will be a part of the MedFirst team. We work hard to develop beneficial, professional relationships with our nurses to help you thrive in your career. Apply now!
Benefits for MedFirst’s RNs and LPNs:
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on bonus available
- W-2 employment
- Insurance options
- Background checks and drug screening paid by the Company
- Joint Commission Certified
- Ongoing credentials monitoring
- Weekly pay with free direct deposit
- Responsive 24-hour personnel service
Responsibilities of the Corrections Nurse:
- Assist physician provide and monitor direct patient care.
- Triage when necessary.
- Screening of those with health complaints.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Initiate emergency interventions and take first aid measures.
- Complete medical records
- Perform other nursing duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Corrections Nurse:
- Current SC nursing license in good standing
- Current CPR Certification
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Clean background check, including SLED
- Clean drug screen, paid for by MedFirst
- General knowledge of professional nursing techniques and procedures
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and emotional stability